Thursday, December 17, 2009

random

Thursday, December 17, 2009 (6:57 a.m.)

Most Blessed God,

Don’t let the time noted here actually reflect any sleep I may (or may not) have gotten during the night. Lord, what a LOT of thoughts can run through my mind at any one particular time. Seemingly random, unconnected thoughts that just won’t quiet down.

Oh, but look Lord ~ just in the time it takes to look up the word ‘random’ in a concordance, I start to see another glorious glimpse of You!

Finding correlating words in the thesaurus reminds me that NOTHING with You is “arbitrary, unplanned, casual, undirected, indiscriminate, haphazard, by chance or accidental”. I, myself, may think so. Oh, but how much You’ve been teaching me that just because I think something, doesn’t make it true.

Thank You Lord! Thank You that something as simple as thinking of the word ‘random’ would lead me to a story in Your Word of which I am completely unfamiliar.

Oh Most Dear and Holy God, ONLY YOU could get me this excited ~ agog! J ~ about a story of such intrigue and randomness. 1 Kings 22 and 2 Chronicles 18 both tell the same story of Kings Ahab (‘one of the most evil men produced in Israel’) and Jehoshaphat (‘the second good king of Judah’) joining forces and being surrounded by people who were in the habit of telling Ahab what he wanted to hear.

Lord, THANK YOU for bringing this account to my attention this morning. Oh Your Goodness! How much I identify and want to keep reading. One prophet (Micaiah, not to be confused with Micah!) willing to speak Your truth to such an evil man has me absolutely spellbound Lord.

I don’t remember the last time I have been this eager (AGOG!) to tell others, “Look, it’s all right here! ‘Whatever God says will happen, will happen.’”

Lord, thank You so very much for helping me see that there is absolutely nothing random about this day. Nothing! You are in complete control. And I trust You to coordinate all that is to take place with me today. Thank You Lord. I love You! Amen.

(358 words ~ 8:27 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment