Monday, December 14, 2009

Proverbs

Monday, December 14, 2009 (3:59 a.m.)

So, Lord,

I’m thinking You want to talk with me about forgiveness. I confess to having again slipped right back into taking things personally and holding on to anger. Oops! Sorry. You have definitely taught me better than this!

So, where to start? How do I begin putting into practice all the things Your Word has to say about “A gentle answer turns away wrath, but harsh words stir up anger”? I couldn’t possibly resemble the truth of that Proverbs (15:1) statement more!

Forgive me Father. How quickly I forget all about practicing forgiveness. How easily I disregard the fact taught in Proverbs 16:24. “Kind words are like honey – sweet to the soul and healthy for the body.” Then of course there’s also Proverbs 15:4, “Kind words heal and help; cutting words wound and maim” to drive the point home!

Mm. Most Blessed God, forgive the way with which I so casually and carelessly push Your Truth aside, acting instead on my own misguided impulses. Watching loved ones shudder at my own insensitivities and carelessness is definitely not something of which I am proud. Forgive me Father.

As I continue scouring (and devouring) Your Word here Lord, I see notation after notation of times I have agreed with You in the past. I have brackets, arrows, exclamation points and boxes directing me to the importance of putting theses truths into action. Help me Lord to get these words off of these pages and engrained into my heart.

Proverbs 11:17, “When you’re kind to others, you help yourself; when you’re cruel to others, you hurt yourself.” Understood! Proverbs 12:18, “Rash language cuts and maims, but there is healing in the words of the wise.” Ouch! Far too readily do I just spout out what I’m feeling, Lord.

Again, how I ask You Lord to forgive my brusque, insensitive, unkind nature of late. Christmas IS a Time to Love isn’t it? Forgive me Lord. Forgive me that I would in turn more readily forgive myself, and others!

Okay. And just for drill… let me finally say “Thank You”. Thank You Lord for the grin and giggle You just provided me. Proverbs 14:29 in The Message, “Slowness to anger makes for deep understanding; a quick-tempered person stockpiles stupidity.” Thank You Blessed Lord for Your continued work in preventing me from wanting to stockpile stupidity!

You are so good and I love You so much. Help me live this day in a such a way that it is clearly evident that You are the Lord and the Love of my life. Thank You Lord. I love You. Amen.

(441 words ~ 5:31 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment