Saturday, December 12, 2009

experimenting

Saturday, December 12, 2009 (5:25 a.m.)

Blessed God,

I come before You this morning Lord experimenting. I’m experimenting with the idea that even though my mind and my heart keep replaying negative events from yesterday that You can change all that.

And You don’t mess around do You Lord? You get right straight to the point! No sooner had I started tapping the keys for the previous thoughts, ‘renewing your mind’ sprang to the forefront of my thinking.

Romans 12:2, “Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is – His good, pleasing and perfect will.”

Mm. Yes. Lord. YOUR will! Oh Dear Lord, how I thank You for Your Word. Thank You that You have made it available to us. Thank You that through it You can change this cranky heart of mine.

Even the song I had thought of earlier rings true to this. The third verse of Joy to the World sings, No more let sins and sorrows grow, Nor thorns infest the ground; He comes to make His blessings flow Far as the curse is found…

Lord, have Your way with me this day. Change my heart as need be. Renew my mind. Replace the tendency I have for dwelling on the more negative things to rejoicing in Your goodness and Your grace Oh Lord.

Yes Lord. Time spent experimenting with You again would have to be deemed an overwhelming success. Thank You Lord. Thank You for the opportunity to stop, to think, to thank and to say, “I love You Lord. Amen.”

(282 words ~ 7:00 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment