Wednesday, December 16, 2009

good work

Wednesday, December 16, 2009 (2:49 a.m.)

Blessed God,

Is this going to become a pattern between us? You never sleeping and me waking up before three each morning! Thank You God that I keep awakening so eager to come spend time with You. That IS what this life is all about isn’t? Time spent praising and adoring You.

Again I thank You Lord for the work You are doing in each of us around here. Loving work, deep in our hearts and souls and minds and strength (Mark 12:30) preparing us to be able to love You with each of those components, as You so richly and rightly deserve.

Lord, I love You so much. It is only because of all the very good work You are doing in each of us that I’m able to recognize it as having come from You in the first place. Thank You God.

Thank You too for the amazing teamwork we had around here yesterday. Lord, You certainly know how to get the jobs done don’t You? There was time enough to take care of business and to enjoy one another with huge hugs, great grins and silliness.

Mm Lord. Thank You. Thank You for the smell of our still undecorated Christmas tree. Thank You for the searching, finding and unpacking of many of our ‘treasured’ trimmings ~ as well as the memories that they hold. Let us continue to keep this steady pace of preparation Lord. This slow, steady progression toward celebrating the miracle of Your birth.

Lord, I confess, I don’t remember having You remain the focus of our readying in the past. I like it Lord! I really like it!

Thank You Lord. I sit here looking up songs of Advent. My heart longs to expand to take this all in.

Lord, You have truly begun a good work in each of us! (Philippians 1:6) Don’t let us get in Your way and blow it now. You are so good. So holy. So wanted. So loved.

Thank You Lord for helping me see just how desperately we need You in every single aspect of our lives. I love You so very much dear Lord. Continue Your ‘good work within each of us, helping us grow in Your grace until Your task within us is finally finished on that day when Jesus Christ returns.’ Oh Come Lord Jesus Come We love You so much. Thank You Lord. Amen.

(408 words ~ 4:35 a.m.)

2 comments:

  1. You are so awesome and I am so greatful to have you in my life. Not only as my Tee-Tee but also as a role model on this journey I am on with the Lord. You have taught me that God is faithful no matter what but in His time. Thank You.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Thanks, Baby!!! :)

    ReplyDelete