Saturday, December 5, 2009

illness

Saturday, December 5, 2009 (5:39 a.m.)

Most Amazing God,

You did it!

I dreamt in love.

Like the Spanish teacher told me all those years ago. When a language is understood, it is dreamt in.

I dreamt in Your language of love.

I was dealing with mistakes that my mom had made because of the current condition of her brain and instead of being frustrated with her as I usually am, I responded with kindness, light-hearted laughter and love. Your love Lord! I truly felt Your love for my mom in my dream.

I woke up with a start recognizing that it is possible (as I’ve been told these past two plus years) to be upset with her illness, without being upset with her.

Thank You Lord. As I sit here amidst more than ten Bible translations, trying to figure out which You would have me use to best understand Paul’s words to the Galatians, it is the one we received yesterday as a Christmas gift from our neighborhood church that speaks loudest to my heart.

Chapter four, verse fourteen in the English Standard Version says, “and though my condition was a trial to you, you did not scorn or despise me, but received me as an angel of God, as Christ Jesus.” Oh Dearest Lord, allow me to better practice their example!

I read more about the freedom we receive in You. The words “on Christ alone” cause me to start humming In Christ alone… Seeking and finding the lyrics, I continue singing I place my trust And find my glory In the power of the cross

But that’s not where I stop Lord. No, continuing on, In ev’ry victory Let it be said of me My source of strength My source of hope Is Christ alone

Thank You Lord. It is Your love that allows me the strength, the hope to finally laugh (and love!) in the middle of an indescribably painful set of circumstances caused by illness.

I love You Lord. Thank You for all You are and all You do to bring us closer to You and Your love for us. Help me exhibit Your language of love all the more. Amen.

(366 words ~ 7:31 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment