Friday, December 4, 2009

what love

Friday, December 4, 2009 (5:00 a.m.)

Blessed Lord,

Thank You!

Thank You for Christmas lights and Christmas songs. Thank You for Christmas clothes, Christmas decorations and Christmas cheer. But most of all Lord, thank You for You!

Your decision to come into the world as a child to save us from ourselves, knowing all the while what lay ahead for You. What love…

Mm, yes Lord. “What love” indeed.

1John 3:16. [How have I never noticed such a commonality between this Biblical address and that ‘famous’ verse with the corresponding numbers found in the book of John? – “For God so loved the world…”] Hmm. Lord. You help me wonder. Oh and the more I do that, the more puzzled I become.

Lord, You came into this world to demonstrate Your perfect love. “This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down His life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers.” (1John 3:16)

As strains of Simply having a wonderful Christmastime continue lulling me, Lord, I look to You asking that we would truly, simply, have a wonderful Christmastime. All the while remembering what love is.

Because You loved me, I get to love You Lord! Thank You. Amen.

(208 words ~ 7:14 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment