Tuesday, December 8, 2009

sidetracked

Tuesday, December 8, 2009 (6:29 a.m.)

Blessed God,

I confess to getting sidetracked this morning. It’s never what I plan. I think, “I’ll just check this one thing” and before I know it another half hour has passed.

Lord, I love You. A (‘very special’?) Christmas song keeps trying to sing itself to me. I attempt to ignore it, give in, try to find it and the very next thing I realize, I’m sidetracked again.

Proverbs 4:27, the only verse I could find dealing with the subject states it well. “Don’t get sidetracked; keep your feet from following evil.” Inching my way up through the chapter, I read more about learning wisdom and guarding our affections.

Mm, Blessed Lord. Thank You for knowing us so well. You knew from the start that we couldn’t be trusted on our own. Our natural bent does not coincide well with Your best for us. Thank You for the people You ordained to collect and write down Your truths.

Time is something I don’t want to waste. Help me use it wisely and to Your benefit. Keep me from getting sidetracked, don’t let me swerve to the right or to the left. Let me put into practice the things that will glorify You this day. Show me how to make the choices that are pleasing to You Dear Lord.

I love You and I long to serve You well! Thank You for wanting me to know You. Continue helping that to happen. I love You so much Dear Lord. Amen.

(249 words ~ 7:28 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment