Thursday, December 10, 2009

quiet

Thursday, December 9, 2009 (6:12 a.m.)

Most Amazing God,

Thank You for quiet time alone with You - time that is currently neither quiet nor alone. Oh but Lord, my soul so closely resembles David’s in Psalm 131 - especially as it is expressed through Eugene Peterson’s work in The Message.

“God, I’m not trying to rule the roost, I don’t want to be king of the mountain. I haven’t meddled where I have no business or fantasized grandiose plans. [Keep in mind these were David’s words, not mine J] I’ve kept my feet on the ground, I’ve cultivated a quiet heart. Like a baby content in its mother’s arms, my soul is a baby content. Wait, Israel, for God. Wait with hope. Hope now; hope always!”

Mm, Lord. Hope. Quiet. Content. Yes! These things I experience right here in the midst of noise and busyness.

Blessed Lord, You are so good. Thank You for this brand new opportunity of pulling up the perfect sized stool, propping my legs up on the counter of our kitchen sink and watching the early morning sky change drastically from one color to another. All the while feeling quiet and alone with You.

Lord God, I confess to liking what You are doing in us around here. Teaching us new ways of doing things. Learning to listen, to slow down, to choose our words wisely, to care.

Thank You God. Thank You that You are at the root of all this. You are good. Your are holy. You are all the things I am not. Yet still You invite me in to Your presence. You take my heart’s desire – quiet time alone with You – and magnify it beyond my wildest dreams.

Thank You Lord. Thank You.

As I prepare to ease myself into the busyness of all this day might hold, Lord how I ask that I would do it in and through Your magnificent strength and power. Do not leave me to my own devices. Encompass me with Your love (joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control ~ Galatians 5:22,23) that I would be, feel, think and do all the things that will bring You honor and glory.

I love You so much Dear Lord. Thank You for this quiet time and this quiet heart. Thank You Lord. Amen.

(388 words ~ 7:05 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment