Saturday, December 19, 2009

list

Saturday, December 19, 2009 (5:47 a.m.)

Most Blessed God,

Thank You Lord. You are amazing! As late last night was turning into very early this morning, I was still up ~ decorating. Guided by You I believe. Compiling a list of descriptive words I would use to describe You here.

Now that I am actually here, having not written the list down at the time, it’s far shorter than it was going to be. Amazing was one. Incredible another. Truly wonderful God, in not readily remembering the others I turn to Your Word. Specifically Psalms 40:5 and 106:2.

How I thank You Lord for resources so readily available, right here at my fingertips. These are not verses I would have thought to look up on my own. But here we are together as I read (40:5) “O Lord my God, You have performed many wonders for us. Your plans for us are too numerous to list. You have no equal. If I tried to recite all Your wonderful deeds, I would never come to the end of them.” Amen to that Dear Lord!

More often than ever before, I look around at how I feel, who I am, what I think and the things I do (heart, soul, mind, strength) and attempt to filter these things through the command of Mark 12:30. To love You with all of them.

Thank You Lord that through these efforts I get to be all the more aware of Your working in and through us around here. A miscommunication, involving hurt feelings was readily resolved yesterday by filtering it through my request for 'spiritual maturity'. Another day kindness and patience were practiced after having asked You to provide for me 'kind words and a patient heart'.

Last night Lord, when I was feeling so discouraged about the messiness of our home, You guided and directed me through one area after another until there remained a semblance of order. Thank You Lord!

I look to You. I read Your Word (Psalm 106:1,2). And “Hallelujah! Thank You, Lord!” jumps off the page at me! “How good You are! Your love continues on forever. Who can ever list the glorious miracles of God? Who can ever praise Him half enough?”

Oh, amen, amen dearest Lord! Thank You for all You are doing in keeping us drawing back to You and Your wealth of goodness and grace.

Come with me now as I go in to admire the changing beauty of the sky as the sun continues to rise. Keep me centered in Your love as I interact and deal with other people this day.

Lord, I love You so very much. And my gratefulness to You far exceeds any list I could ever begin making. Thank You Lord for Your love. Help me practice it this day. I love You. Amen.

(474 words ~ 6:37 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment