Thursday, December 3, 2009

to no avail

Thursday, December 3, 2009 (5:10 a.m.)

Beloved God,

I started this time with You more than half an hour ago. And again I confess to being stumped.

Once more I came before You with my own agenda, and floundered. Oh but Your goodness God! Just like that! I confess. You excite!

Everything I’ve been trying to form into words, is already spelled out for me in Isaiah 22:11. “Between the city walls, you build a reservoir for water from the old pool. But all your feverish plans are to no avail because you never ask God for help. He is the one who planned this long ago.”

Yes, Lord! I plan. I work. HARD! And am surprised when I fail. Why? Because I don’t stop long enough to ask You for help.

Even just now. As I continued hunting down the verse that would match my gratefulness to You for relieving my pain yesterday, I had it all wrong. I came before You preconceived. I had already planned what I was going to say to You and where we would go from there.

Thank You God that You are so much bigger than my puny self! Thank You that once again I get to experience being truly AGOG (excited and eager to tell) with You!

You, the Creator of the Universe! You, the One and Only God, right here, waiting for me to ask for Your help.

Thank You Lord! Thank You that You truly avail Yourself to each of us. It is my own thoughts and actions that keep You at bay.

Into my heart, into my heart Come into my heart, Lord Jesus Come in today, Come in to stay Come into my heart, Lord Jesus

Oh thank You most Blessed One. Thank You for relief from pain. But mostly, thank You for time alone with You in prayer.

I love You Lord. Thank You. Amen.

(311 words ~ 6:42 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment