Sunday, August 2, 2009

wonders

Sunday, August 2, 2009 (6:25 a.m.)

Beloved Lord,

I love You. I love waking up in the morning and thinking about You. I confess to not being as eager to get up this morning as on some of the other days, but thoughts of getting to come spend time with and learn more about You finally won out. Thank You for every single time this happens!

You are so good and so faithful. When it comes to wondering how You are able to be so consistently perfect, I confess to leading the pack on wonders. With that said, how pleased am I to be able to come before You this morning singing wholeheartedly “Lord of all creation Of water, earth and sky The heavens are Your tabernacle Glory to the Lord on high God of wonders beyond our galaxy You are holy, holy The universe declares Your majesty You are holy, holy Lord of heaven and earth”

How blessed am I that I get to come before You time and after time? What an honor and a privilege. Father, again I confess to taking this gift of You so easily for granted. You deserve so much more from me. Truly I ask that You burn these words into my heart, that I dare not only sing them with my mouth. It is far too simple to merely give You lip service.

“Early in the morning I celebrate the light When I stumble in the darkness I will lift Your name by night” See? Right here. This is where I so often moan at the thought of waking to Your early morning light. Far worse than that is when I actually curse the darkness as I stumble.

“God of wonders beyond our galaxy You are holy, holy The universe declares Your majesty You are holy, holy Hallelujah to the Lord of heaven and earth Hallelujah to the Lord of heaven and earth… Precious Lord, reveal Your heart to me Father, holy, holy The universe declares Your majesty You are holy, holy, holy, holy”

What an incredible way to start my day. Considering Your wonders and singing Your praises. Lord, how I ask that You would be in each and every encounter I have today. Make me aware of every single blessing You have for me. Truly Lord, I don’t want to miss a thing!

Even here Lord You bless me. As I turn to read Nebuchadnezzar’s words in Daniel (4:2-3) I’m drawn to the description of the book. In it I read the words ‘innocent bystanders’, ‘hurt’, ‘mistakes’, ‘crimes’, ‘other people’, ‘unfairness of life’. More than simply balancing out the spectrum are the words ‘assurance’, ‘God’, ‘honor’, ‘faithfulness’, ‘obedience’, ‘not victims forever’, ‘delivered’, ‘freedom’.

Lord, in the past I’ve pretended to understand the wonders of Your majesty. Right now I simply confess to being awed by them and by You. I love You so much Dear Lord. Thank You for this time together to be reminded of and encouraged by the faithfulness of others. Thank You for Your love. Thank You for Your wonders. Amen.

(514 words ~ 7:44 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment