Sunday, August 9, 2009

Wonderful!

Sunday, August 9, 2009 (6:39 a.m.)

Amazing, Wonderful, Ethereal God,

This morning I’m ‘faking it’ until it happens. You ARE these things Lord! As well as – okay, stop. ‘It’ happened! Thank You God that I didn’t have to continue pretending or going through the motions of saying to You what I thought You wanted to hear. Oh my goodness! I do that to You (as with so many others) too!

You call me to be with You. Sometimes I am more grateful for that than at others. This particular morning started out as ‘not so much’. But now? Thank You God!

Turning to Isaiah 9:6 to find other names describing You I found, “Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace” and an article entitled “Names of God”.

Lord, You do truly amaze me. I came out here as a sense of duty, not privilege. I started off as a practice of what I’ve been taught, not true worship. Oh but now Dear Lord, I want to stay. I want to learn more and know You better.

Thank You Lord for the way You will so wonderfully change our hearts and our minds when we give them to You. Thank You that just because I can’t do something on my own (like manufacture a heart of worship) You can and You will when invited in. Thank You Lord!

Thank You for the way You are working in my life Oh Lord. From one day to the next I no longer know what to expect. I confess to You that many times I am still afraid that I won’t be faithful to You. So often I think I don’t even want to keep trying to be the person You created me to be. It flies in such opposition to the person I have become through these recent years. I never wanted to become bitter, resentful, mean-spirited, hard-hearted. These are NOT the words I want used to describe me.

Thank You for the time You provide for me to explore other options. Thank You that You are good and holy and wise. Thank You that I was made in Your image and have the very real opportunity to come before You trusting and rejoicing as in Isaiah 25:1, “O Lord, I will honor and praise Your name, for You are my God; You do such wonderful things! You planned them long ago (Your counsels of old are faithfulness and truth – NKJV).”

Dearest Father God, teach me to live this day as though I believe this with my whole heart. Destroy ever seed of bitter, resentment I may have been storing. Bring Yourself to light in my life. Help me live this day as Your dear daughter, grateful and truly agog with You. I love You so much Dear Lord. Make that obvious in every single thing I choose this day!

Empower and enable me to truly live Deuteronomy 30:19, 20, “I call heaven and earth to witness against you that today I have set before you life or death, blessing or curse. Oh, that you would choose life; that you and your children might live! Choose to love the Lord your God and to obey Him and to cling to Him, for He is your life and the length of your days. You will then be able to live safely in the land the Lord promised your ancestors, Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.”

Let me truly choose YOU this day Dear Lord! I love You. Amen.

(583 words ~ 7:41 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment