Monday, August 10, 2009

relief

Monday, August 10, 2009 (7:37 a.m.)

Blessed God,

You truly blessed me yesterday. Thank You! How long has it been since I truly felt that relaxed, that hopeful, that much myself? Thank You God!

Thank You that when faced with an awkward situation I found a way through it. That was You at work in me. It’s been a really long time since I’ve had the presence of mind to relax and ask You for help in finding a solution instead of steeling myself and demanding one. Thank You Lord.

Thank You for the work You’ve been doing in me here of late. Thank You for the opportunities You present. Thank You too for the obstacles.

Yesterday was a good day. I had fun and there were many successes. Sitting here right now and reflecting, I smile and am grateful. Lord You are so good to us. You bring us relief and rest from our burdens. You are good and I am grateful.

Reading Job 32:20 because of its use of the word ‘relief’, I also read of suffering. Digging a little deeper (in The Bible Handbook) I find more truth to consider this day. “The physical universe demonstrates that God’s wisdom and understanding far surpass man’s. Why then should we expect to understand His ways or working in human lives? Since we are confident that God’s character is marked by ‘an abundant righteousness He will not violate’ (Job 37:23), when we cannot understand we are simply to trust Him.”

And therein we find relief from our struggles! Trusting You. Thank You Lord for being such a good and gracious God. I love You so much. Be with me this day as I seek to ‘enjoy You and glorify You forever’. I love You. Amen.

(295 words ~ 8:40 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment