Thursday, August 27, 2009

Morning Star

Thursday, August 27, 2009 (5:40 a.m.)

Blessed God, Holy Lord,

Thank You. Is this the second, or third day in a row that I have gotten to see the morning star right outside my window? What a blessing Lord. Thank You.

Thank You for the coolness accompanying this early morning. Thank You for deep, restorative sleep. Thank You for the willingness to get up one more time before the sunrise.

I love You so much Lord. And all truth be told, I want to love You more. I want to love (and know) You better. Thank You for this opportunity to be here alone with You. Watching as the morning once again begins to show itself. What a beautiful blessing.

Most Holy God, I want to live this day for You. I long to think the things You’d have me think (and say and do and be). You are such a good and loving God. Thank You.

So, here we are. A brand new day. Another absolutely clean slate. One more opportunity to start afresh. Thank You Lord. Thank You for Your ‘great faithfulness and Your mercies that are new every morning’ (Lamentations 3:23). How blessed I am to be included in Your promises.

Lord, I come before You agog with a new to me truth; You as the Morning Star. I didn’t know Lord. Peter writing in his second letter to Your believers everywhere, “So we have seen and proved that what the prophets said came true. You will do well to pay close attention to everything they have written, for, like lights shining into dark corners, their words help us to understand many things that otherwise would be dark and difficult. But when you consider the wonderful truth of the prophet’s words, then the light will dawn in your souls and Christ the Morning Star will shine in your hearts” (2Peter1:19).

Oh my goodness Lord! What could possibly be better than having Your light dawn in my soul and You, the Morning Star, shining in my heart!

A song I don’t know by Twila Paris says, “Righteous and holy in all of Your ways We come before You with honor and praise Here to adore You for all our days We come before You with honor and praise Lord of the heavens how faithful You are Shine down upon us, oh Bright Morning Star Righteous and holy in all of Your ways We come before You with honor and praise…”

Most blessed and holy Father, work in me deeply that I would truly reflect Your Bright Morning Star. I love You so much Dear Lord. Thank You for another blessed way to start my day. Amen.

(448 words ~ 6:54 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment