Thursday, August 6, 2009

Psalm 19

Thursday, August 6, 2009 (6:20 a.m.)

Beloved Lord,

Thank You that I didn’t miss another, “Gasp!” Truly, Lord. I have spent twenty-five minutes trying to find the one word to describe the awe I felt while watching that particular area of the sky upon arising.

Lord, You are incredible! You never cease to amaze. I confess to not locating the verse that keeps attempting to form itself in my mind. I don’t know if the key word is ‘creation’, or ‘works’. It doesn’t appear to be ‘nature’. But it has something to do with even the people that don’t know You personally recognize You because of the beauty of Your earth.

Could it really have been so easy Lord? Was it related to that very first (unknown to me) hymn I turned to, under the heading “God our Father – His Works in Creation”? Psalm 19:1 says “The skies proclaim the work of His hands.” But it didn’t go deeper than that. Not in the direction I thought it would. The hymn “The Spacious Firmament” describes what I’m thinking.

After seeking and not finding, looking but not seeing, perhaps this is what I was thinking of the whole time. The commentary to Psalm 19, verses 1-6, “No one can rightly say that they have never heard about God. His power can be seen throughout our physical world. Even the sun, though silent in the skies, declares every day what God has done. All humans benefit from the sun, and, whether they like it or not, they cannot hide from the message it declares to all the world. God is not a figment of our imagination. He is with us right now, and he desires to help us in our recovery.”

Lord, I ask that You would have me pay much closer attention to where You are leading and directing me. Help me follow You more closely Lord. I love You so much Dear Lord and as the words of verse 14 end this chapter, I sincerely ask, “May my spoken words and unspoken thoughts be pleasing even to You, O Lord my Rock and my Redeemer.” Oh how I love You Lord! Amen

(365 words ~ 7:55 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment