Monday, August 24, 2009

justified

Monday, August 24, 2009 (6:04 a.m.)

Blessed Lord,

You spoke to me yesterday and I was once again ‘very eager or curious to hear or see something’. Yes Lord. For another brief moment, I was truly ‘agog’ with You. In that moment by the pool, as I was rehashing many of the mistakes I’ve made over the years, my mind was quieted. Stilled. Almost as when You calmed the storm tossed seas. Thank You Lord!

Thank You that You love us so much. Thank You that You know exactly what You are doing in and through each of us. Lord, I confess to behaving far more resigned than rejoiceful lately. I keep finding negative things upon which to dwell and take to heart. But You keep reminding me of Your promises. Thank You Lord.

Just now as I was starting another mental list of things I can’t possibly take care of, here You were jogging my memory with Philippians 4:13. “I can do anything through him that gives me strength.” Thank You Lord.

I confess to You dear Lord the laundry list of things I don’t want to have to do. I confess to withdrawing from others. I confess to feeling alone in a room full of people. Oh, but You are a good and mighty God! Perhaps this is just a ‘season’. Maybe all that I am experiencing within myself will one day come to pass. But Your Word promises me strength for each day. Mm, thank You Lord.

Isaiah 41:10, 13 proclaims, “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. For I am the Lord, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you.”

How can I continue feeling so lost and afraid with that kind of promise from the Creator of the Universe? Blessed Lord thank You! Thank You for songs this morning that continue reminding me of Your deep love for us.

“How deep the Father’s love for us, How vast beyond all measure That He should give His only Son To make a wretch His treasure…” (as well as “What God Hath Promised” which speaks of Your giving us ‘strength for the day’). Lord, You are so good, so kind. Thank You for the blessings of Your promises, promises on which we can stand and be made whole.

Now, back to Your comforting thought to me yesterday. As I continued adding to the list of “If I’d just…” there You were, stopping me mid-sentence. Reminding me that the better word for me to consider is ‘justified’. There are countless things that I wish I had done differently or ‘better’. But this one word again offers me hope.

Remembering someone telling me long ago that this particular glorious word of Yours actually means that Christ’s blood was shed to make all my sins “just as if I’d” never done them. Paul spelled it out in much more detail to Titus (3:3-7) when he wrote, “At one time we too were foolish, disobedient, deceived and enslaved by all kinds of passions and pleasures. We lived in malice and envy, being hated and hating one another. But when the kindness and love of God our Savior appeared, He saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of His mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit, whom He poured out on us generously through Jesus Christ our Savior, so that, having been justified by His grace, we might become heirs having the hope of eternal life.”

Blessed Lord, help me live this day as one who truly believes that I have been justified by Your mercy and grace. Continue changing my mindset in accordance to Your will and to Your way. I love You Lord. Thank You for justifying and loving me so deeply. Make me worthy of all You have so generously provided me. Use me to share Your goodness and Your grace. I love You. Amen.

(688 words ~ 8:18 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment