Wednesday, August 19, 2009

fragment

Wednesday, August 19, 2009 (7:40 a.m.)

Blessed Lord,

Good morning. You are mighty to save. Yes Lord, mighty to save! So far this morning, everywhere I’ve turned with You has brought another smile to my face. Thank You. Look! Here’s another one.

Waking up thinking of how fragmented my life has become, I practically jumped out of bed to come be here with You. Thank You for that kind of eagerness. Thank You that even though I might think my life, my world as I think it’s supposed to be, is falling apart around me You know what You are doing with it. And I get to trust You!

Thank You Lord. Thank You that the only verse (Isaiah 30:14) I found this morning with the word fragment in it comes under the heading “The Tragedy of Misplaced Trust”. What a good and mighty God You are! Thank You. Thank You that even as I am trying to express myself to You, “My Savior, You can move the mountains, You are mighty to save, You are mighty to save” is singing in my mind.

Blessed Lord, I am grateful to You. “Forever, Author of Salvation, You rose and conquered the grave, Yes You conquered the grave.” With that kind of power and love how can I choose to trust anything or anyone but You? Oh, but sadly, how often do I?

Your Word, through Isaiah 30, speaks of the sin of relying on others rather than You. The people of Israel trusted in frauds and lies (oppression and deceit, v. 12) with the resulting sin becoming for them “like a high wall, cracked and bulging, that collapses suddenly, in an instant. It will break in pieces like pottery, shattered so mercilessly that among its pieces not a fragment will be found for taking coals from a hearth or scooping water out of a cistern.” (13,14)

But You are such a good God You don’t leave us alone in our brokenness. No. In verse 15, You, “the Sovereign Lord, the Holy One of Israel, says: ‘In repentance and rest is your salvation, in quietness and trust is your strength’”. Let me learn from this section of scripture Lord, because the rest continues, “but you would have none of it. You said, ‘No, we will flee on horses.’ Therefore you will flee!”

Lord, I don’t want to continue having to learn things the hard way! Continue breaking and smashing me into the pliability You need to make of me what You have wanted all along.

I can’t continue pretending to even know what that looks like. But Dear Lord, I know, I trust, I believe that You do. And I am willing to trust You to take me through everything You have planned for me to get us where we need to be. You and me, together.

I love You so much Dear Lord. Thank You for loving me more than I could ever imagine. Guide and direct my thoughts, my words and my actions this day. I want desperately to be who and what You want me to be. Fragments and all. I love You, Lord. Amen.

(520 words ~ 8:54 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment