Wednesday, August 26, 2009

clarity

Wednesday, August 26, 2009 (5:31 a.m.)

Gloriously, Awesome God,

Thank You! Thank You for such beauty and joy. Thank You for praise. Thank You for eagerness to be here with You. Thank You for this incredibly clear and starry morning sky. Thank You for a change in my heart and my soul. Thank You for this moment of clarity, where all seems right with the world.

Lord, I know that it is not. All the problems that were here with us yesterday did not miraculously disappear overnight. But this morning is fresh and clear. The sky has turned from dark and star filled to bright with shades of orange that now have faded. It is a new day Lord, and I got to watch it begin. Thank You!

Thank You for yesterday and my husband’s singing of “With a song in my heart, and praise in mouth I will stand to my feet and worship You now Though my strength is gone and I don’t know how, I’m gonna run Holy is the Lamb, worthy is the King of all creation Mighty is, the God, who saved my soul” complete with air guitar strumming. Lord, I have never heard Him sing to You outside of church and I was blessed and encouraged by it. Thank You.

Thank You for last night’s reminder of the song “Broken Hallelujah”. How comforting it is to be able to come before You in brokenness; trusting, depending and relying on Your acceptance of our feeble attempts at praise.

Sitting here with my Bible in my arms and the whole brand new day in front of me, Lord how I thank You for Your generous perfect love. Finding one Old Testament mention of the word ‘clarity’ and one New, Lord I ask that You would use them both in Your shaping of me this day. Exodus 24:10, “and they (Moses, Aaron, Nadab, Abihu, and seventy of the elders of Israel) saw the God of Israel. And [there was] under His feet as it were a paved work of sapphire stone, and it was like the very heavens in [its] clarity.”

The Life Recovery Bible comment to this says, “One of the best ways for us to see ourselves as we actually are is to gain a clear view of God and His glorious person… One glimpse of God in His awesome glory will heal both our pride and our self-deprecation, giving us a healthy and balanced self-assessment.” Mm, what a promise of hope! Thank You.

1 Corinthians 13:12 reminds me that, “Now we see things imperfectly as in a poor mirror, but then (someday) we will see everything with perfect clarity. All that I know now is partial and incomplete, but then I will know everything completely, just as God knows me now.” Thank You God that it is not for me to know everything now. Thank You that I am to continue getting to know You more so that ‘someday’ it will all be made clear.

Thank You Lord for this brief moment of truly being agog with You again. I love You so much and absolutely appreciation this tiny glimpse of clarity. Thank You Lord. Amen.

(530 words ~ 6:51 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment