Monday, August 17, 2009

Bread

Sunday, August 16, 2009 (7:00 a.m.)

Blessed, Beloved Lord,

I love You. Not much more than that – just, I love You. It’s real. Not forced. Quite simply, I love You.

Now, where do we go from here? Yesterday I had thoughts of what to bring before You this morning. Right now I have no idea what those thoughts were. I recall thinking, “Yes! That’s it. This is what I want to learn more about.” Today? I don’t remember.

With that all being said, may I come before You empty? No preconceived ideas. Just as I am Lord, “…without one plea But that Thy blood was shed for me, And that Thou bidd’st me come to Thee, O Lamb of God, I come! I come!”

Yes Lord! Because Your Word says so. John 6:37, “Whoever comes to Me I will never drive away.” Thank You Lord!

Turning to this verse, I read more. Miracles, storm tossed seas, You as the Bread of Life. I read. I get excited. I become hopeful thinking, “Yes, this is it. The way I want to spend my life.”

I confess to falling so far short of all You offer me Lord. I see myself as one of the people to whom You said (v. 26) “The truth of the matter is that you want to be with me because I fed you (loaves and fish) not because you believe in me.” Ouch! Nailed me, right in the heart.

How true is it that I come before You for whatever else I can get? Oh that I would truly become one that comes to give You worship! Lord, I do love You! But…

It is so easy for me to get side tracked with the going-ons of any given day. I want to worship You just for who and all You are. But so often I fret and stew. I mope and whine and complain instead.

Taking me to verse 27, Lord I sincerely ask You to instill in me all that I need to become one that is no longer “concerned about perishable things like food. No, spend your energy seeking the eternal life that I, the Messiah, can give you. For God the Father has sent me for this very purpose.”

Then of course, the people (me being so much like them) after asking what to do to satisfy God (v. 28) and being told by You (v.29) “This is the will of God, that you believe in the one He has sent” turn right back around and say (v.30) “You must show us more miracles if you want us to believe you are the Messiah.”

Lord, how much like them am I? There You were, right there in front of them and they still didn’t get it. Here I am, blessed by You again and again still asking for more.

Father God, how I ask that You would teach me to be satisfied. Appreciative. Kind. Loving. Yours!

Bread of Life, thank You for loving me. “Just as I am, without one plea But that Thy blood was shed for me, And that Thou bidd’st me come to Thee, O Lamb of God, I come! I come!” I love You Lord. Amen.

(537 words ~ 7:58 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment