Friday, August 21, 2009

glorify

Friday, August 21, 2009 (5:37 a.m.)

Praise You God,

Praise You. Trust You. Thank You. Extol, exalt, worship, revere, honor, adore, glorify. Yes Lord. Glorify You and enjoy You forever. Yes. Yes, that I would do just that.

Thank You Father for the mercy You showed our son yesterday. Eleven hours into his return trip to Alabama, rear-ended by another driver. Receiving fairly severe damage to his cute little car, pretty shaken emotionally and possibly physically. Come to him spiritually I pray, O Lord. Oh that each of us would learn to trust and depend on You all the more.

Father, thank You for calling me here to witness this glorious sunrise with You. Moments ago the sky was gray, formless. Now there is color, sharp outlines, contrasts. What an amazing God You are. Thank You.

Thank You for calling me to “Come, let us worship and bow down, let us kneel before the Lord, our God, our Maker. For He is our God, and we are the people of His pasture, and the sheep of His hand, just the sheep of His hand.” (Psalm 95:6,7) Mm, yes Lord. Protected. Cared for. Cared about. Loved. Dearly loved.

Most blessed Lord, glancing out at the ever-changing sky. Orange one minute, pink the next. Again I am in awe. Your loving-kindness (compassion, mercy) begins afresh each day (Lamentations 3:23) and I am grateful.

Another gaze into the eastern sky and there is a hint of purple followed almost immediately by a white cloud of great intensity. Rapidly altered. Here one moment, gone the next. Thank You God that this is not so with You. Your unfailing love (mercy, compassion) never ends! (Lamentations 3:22) Great is Your faithfulness.

Yes Lord. “Great is Thy faithfulness! Great is Thy faithfulness! Morning by morning new mercies I see; All I have needed Thy hand has provided – Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord unto me!”

I experienced it yesterday Lord. There was a perfect peace that surrounded the time I spent with my mom. A peace that only comes from You - a peace that allowed and provided a genuine enjoyment of our being together. Thank You for that dear Lord.

Lord, I ask that You would be with members of our family who are having to deal with the recent death of a dear loved one. Provide for them this perfect peace that comes only from knowing, loving, trusting and glorifying You. You are so good O Lord.

May I truly glorify and enjoy You in all I think, say, am and do this day dear Lord. I love You so much. Thank You for Your compassions that are new every morning. Thank You. I love You. Amen.

(450 words ~ 6:48 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment