Tuesday, August 18, 2009

even me

Tuesday, August 18, 2009 (7:50 a.m.)

Glorious God,

Amazing, wonderful, awesome, glorious God. Thank You for loving me. Even me. Thank You for time spent already this morning singing praises to You. Blessed Lord, it is amazing to me that You can truly love the likes of me.

Disobedient. Unfocused. Careless. Complaining. Even me! “I am so glad that Jesus loves me, Jesus loves me… Jesus loves even me. Tho I forget Him and wander away, Still He doth love me wherever I stray; Back to His dear loving arms would I flee When I remember that Jesus loves me… Jesus loves even me.”

It is such a gift of great price. One I absolutely don’t deserve, which makes it all the more special and appreciated. Lord, I know You are working in my heart. In my life. You are to be glorified and enjoyed by me. I confess to not doing a very good job at either of those.

I used to think I was almost ‘there’. I was pretty puffed up and pleased with myself. All my dots were lining up and most everything was falling into place. And You being the awesome, incredible, merciful God that You are most have thought something like, “Well doesn’t she just look so pleased with herself? Let’s take off a layer of her veneer [an attractive appearance that covers or disguises someone or something’s true nature or feelings] and let her glimpse some of what I see in her.”

Wretched, powerless, pathetic, pretender that I am and yet You love even me. Thank You Lord. It is an honor and a privilege to be loved by You. Please Lord help me live as though I believe 1Corinthians 6:20, “Don’t you see that you can’t live however you please, squandering what God paid such a high price for? The physical part of you is not some piece of property belonging to the spiritual part of you. God owns the whole works. So let people see God in and through your body.”

Oh yes dear Lord, let others see You in even me! I love You so much. Thank You for loving, even me. Amen!

(362 words ~ 8:40 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment