Tuesday, August 4, 2009

stunned

Tuesday, August 4, 2009 (6:08 a.m.)

Oh my goodness God!

Thank You! Thank You that I am not missing this masterpiece. Lazing in bed thinking I’d wait another half an hour. Hobbling through the hallways because my back felt stiff. Glancing out our various windows not seeing anything out of the ordinary.

But then, stop. Gasp! And the very first words out of my mouth were, “Oh my God!” What an incredible way to start a day!

Oh my goodness God! So much color! Red clouds. Beauty of such magnitude I have never seen. Your majesty at its absolute best!

Thank You Lord! Thank You for persuading me to ‘Come, follow’ You into this day. Thank You that I am truly stunned by this whole experience. Another Glimpse Of Glory at its finest!

Most Holy God, I don’t even know where to begin. Isaiah 29:9 says, “Be stunned and amazed”. I am. I truly am. But it’s not talking about a momentary vista. Here Isaiah was outlining principles related to Your coming judgment of Jerusalem.

Verses 13 and 14 share Your words, “These people come near to me with their mouth and honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me. Their worship of me is made up only of rules taught by men. Therefore once more I will astound these people with wonder upon wonder”. Isaiah was relaying Your woes to Your people - woes that we must take seriously as well.

Thank You for astounding me this morning Lord. Thank You for all You do to put me in a place of true worship. Fleeting though the moment of beauty may have been. I am once again agog (and stunned) by Your glory!

I love You Lord. Thank You for Your goodness and Your grace. Thank You for the gift of Your love. Enable me to live this day with the full esteem and reverence You so rightly deserve. I love You so much Oh Lord. Amen.

(332 words ~ 7:15 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment