Tuesday, August 25, 2009

emptied

Tuesday, August 25, 2009 (6:21 a.m.)

Father,

How would You have me come before You this morning? Honest? Asking to be changed? Grumbling? Apprehensive? Fearful. Empty. Void.

Would it be that I could come to You empty this morning Lord? Emptied of expectations and conclusions I have jumped to? Oh that I could be emptied of self and filled with You!

Most blessed Lord and Father God, thank You for waking me up with the melody of ‘The Wonderful Cross’ in my head. For every unwilling feeling I have about being here with You right now, it’s You and Your wonderful cross that has me here. Searching Your Word. Seeking You will.

“When I survey the wondrous cross On which the Prince of Glory died My richest gain I count but loss And pour contempt on all my pride… O the wonderful cross, O the wonderful cross Bids me come and die and find that I may truly live O the wonderful cross, O the wonderful cross All who gather here by grace draw near and bless Your name”

Oh dearest Lord, oh that I would truly ‘draw near and bless Your name’! You are so good. “See from His head, His hands, His feet Sorrow and love flow mingled down Did ever such love and sorrow meet Or thorns compose so rich a crown O the wonderful cross…” Such sacrifice I cannot even fathom.

Thank You Jesus. Thank You for all You have done in bringing us to You. My thoughts are filled with so many scenarios that don’t include Your leadership and guidance. I confess Dearest Lord to continuing to anticipate my own will and hidden agenda to be brought to fruition.

I lack trust in You. I keep thinking if I just try something a little harder, all the problems concerning my loved ones will work out fine. “Were the whole realm of nature mine That were an offering far too small Love so amazing, so divine Demands my soul, my life, my all O the wonderful cross, O the wonderful cross Bids me come and die and find that I may truly live…”

Yes Lord. Let my own selfish desires die and be emptied away that You would be glorified in all I think and pray and say and do. There are worries and concerns over which I have no control that I bring before You O Lord asking Your perfect will. You are mighty. Glorious. Powerful. I am emptied. Asking to be filled with You and by You, that I may truly live. I love You so much Oh Lord. Make me worthy of Your love. Amen.

(436 words ~ 7:20 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment