Wednesday, August 5, 2009

mercies

Wednesday, August 5, 2009 (6:10 a.m.)

Wow, God!

I’m pretty sure that was the first ‘early bird’ that I’ve ever seen with a worm. Thank You for that! Thank You that after the all day beauty of yesterday’s sky, I didn’t want to risk missing it today.

Thank You Lord for Your faithfulness. Thank You that Your mercies truly do begin afresh each day (Lamentations 3:23). Thank You, Most Holy Father, that everywhere I turn this morning there is another song of praise just under the surface. Starting off with “Great is Thy faithfulness! Great is Thy faithfulness! Morning by morning new mercies I see; All I have needed Thy hand has provided – Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord, unto me!”

Mm, yes Lord! Great is Thy faithfulness! Your compassion, Your loving-kindness. They never end. How blessed we are!

Along with the hope that comes from trusting and believing in Your will and Your way, today I ask You to teach me a little bit more about Your mercies. A hymn related to Psalm 89:1 sings of them. “I will sing of the mercies of the Lord forever, I will sing, I will sing, I will sing of the mercies of the Lord. With my mouth will I make known Thy faithfulness, Thy faithfulness, With my mouth will I make known Thy faithfulness to all generations… I will sing of the mercies of the Lord.”

What a tall order Lord, to make known Your faithfulness to all generations. A tall order indeed. Yet, such an honor and a privilege!

Reading a definition of mercies, “compassion or forgiveness shown toward someone whom it is within one’s power to punish or harm”. I am thankful that You are such a merciful God. Detailed a bit more, “an event to be grateful for, esp. because its occurrence prevents something unpleasant or provides relief from suffering; performed out of a desire to relieve suffering; motivated by compassion”.

Thank You Lord. Thank You for Your mercies. Thank You that You are merciful. Thank You for loving us so much. Use this day. Use me, to Your good and to Your glory. I love You Lord. Amen.

(361 words ~ 7:21 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment