Friday, August 28, 2009

listening

Friday, August 28, 2009 (4:56 a.m.)

Amazing God of Glory,

Holy God. Loving Lord. I confess to being stumped on how to address You this morning. There is a heartfelt sigh that is present. A peace and contentment that’s washed over me in a desire to just sit in Your presence and listen. Not speak.

Mm, Lord. Thank You. Thank You for delicious early morning sounds. The neighborhood is waking up. Cars whiz by on surrounding streets. Doors are opening and closing. A rooster is crowing off in the distance while an occasional dog barks here and there. A cricket just began chirping. The constant ticking of the clocks seem to grow louder and then practically disappear. Trains can be heard, demanding attention.

And I just sit here, waiting to hear from You Oh Lord. Thank You for this honor Lord. This privilege to come before You; waiting, listening. Mm. Speak to me Dear Lord I pray. Let me know Your plan for my day.

Oh most glorious Lord. You do not disappoint! Searching Your Word and finding verse after verse verifying the importance of listening I was encouraged. But it was in continuing my quest to find which song has been in the forefront and background of my mind since beginning to awaken some time ago that’s delighted me.

“How Deep the Father’s Love for Us How vast beyond all measure That He would give His only Son To make a wretch His treasure”. Thank You Lord! Thank You for its persistent strain haunting me to not give up the search.

“How great the pain of searing loss The Father turns His face away As wounds which mar the chosen One Bring many sons to glory”. Lord, I am that wretch that was made Your treasure. Thank You for saving me!

“Behold the Man upon a cross My guilt upon His shoulders Ashamed, I hear my mocking voice Call out among the scoffers”. Lord, as the song’s words ring true in my heart, the sounds of the morning have all but disappeared.

“It was my sin that held Him there Until it was accomplished His dying breath has brought me life I know that it is finished”. Oh most Holy Lord, thank You for such a gift as this.

“I will not boast in anything No gifts, no pow’rs, no wisdom But I will boast in Jesus Christ His death and resurrection”. Thank You Lord. Thank You.

“Why should I gain from His reward? I cannot give an answer But this I know with all my heart His wounds have paid my ransom”. Lord, how I ask that You would keep me listening to You all my days. Tune me in to Your frequency Blessed Lord.

I don’t deserve any of all You have given me. Make me truly grateful. Truly Yours. I love You so much Oh Lord and because of Your great love for me, I am listening! I love You Lord. Amen.

(487 words ~ 6:05 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment