Thursday, February 15, 2024

joyfully content

 Thursday, February 15, 2024 (5:33 a.m.)

Papa God,


You did it again! Saved me from myself. Thank You Lord. Praise You God.


Emotions were immediate. Intense. Voices raised. Tears becoming sobs. And the fruit of Your Spirit (Galatians 5:22) rang supreme. There was much love. Patience. The kindness and gentleness You teach were key.


Thank You Father. Yes Lord. My natural bent is to explode. Respond like with like. Threaten. Persuade. Cajole. You were there with us. Reining me in all the way. Praise You. Bless You.


Truth was spoken in love (Ephesians 4:15). Regular, natural breathing was restored. Thinking cleared. And communication began. Thank You, thank You God.


The word on my waking mind this morning was content. That’s exactly how we ended yesterday’s outing. Joyfully content. You did this for us Lord. In. With. By. And through each of us treating the other with Your genuine love and respect.


Thank You for teaching us, Lord. Training us. Preparing us for opposition.


The apostle Paul’s words to the Philippians (4:11-13) ring out loudly here. “I do not speak because I have need, for I have learned in whatever state I am to be content. I know both how to face humble circumstances and how to have abundance. Everywhere and in all things I have learned the secret, both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. I can do all things because of Christ who strengthens me.”


You provided us joyful contentment Lord. Use us in sharing it as You know is best. We love, need, trust and want You. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.


(278 words ~ 6:59 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment