Monday, February 26, 2024

deeper than the surface

 Wednesday, February 21, 2024 (8:00 a.m.)

Nearing Cabo San Lucas, MX

Blessed God,


I’m a little “dry” this morning with the thanks and praise. How about for the smile? The creature comforts. Warm coffee. Flavorful melons.


You bless us Lord. There’s been conversation. Fairly deep interactions. Digging deeper than the surface.


We have many opportunities. And so much love surrounding us. Thank You Lord. Truly. Thank You.


Talk with me this morning about Truth. Your Truth that absolutely sets us free (John 8:32). Thank You Father for Your Word. On and in which we can turn and stand. 


♪Thy Word is a Lamp upon Unto My Feet and a light unto my soul path♪ (Psalm 119:105). Thank You that we have such ready access to it.


I want to learn to share You and It with others. Freely. Readily. 


Just look at all this one word [readily] represents! Willingly. Without hesitation. Gladly. Happily. Cheerfully. With pleasure. With good grace. Ungrudgingly. Eagerly. Easily. Effortlessly. Without difficulty.


My own way of thinking was simply: honestly, openly, willingly. Thank You for reminding me that there is so very much truth to be found in the simple things. Enable and empower me in sharing it.


Turning to The Life Recovery Bible comment for Psalm 119:73-77 again I find myself delighted. Encouraged. Reminded that lives are changed by obeying Your commands I ask to be included here at verses 73 and 74, Dear Lord.


“You made me; You created me. Now give me the sense to follow Your commands. May all who fear You find in me a cause for joy, for I have put my hope in Your Word.”


It’s Your goodness and faithfulness I want to follow. Learning to live joyfully. Seeking Your will and doing my best, with Your help to follow it. Willingly allowing You to transform me into ‘a living testimony of Your power to transform broken lives’ (comment).


Yes Father, do all You must in bringing the darkness of the past to light. “Choosing to live in the light - continually acknowledging our flaws as the light reveals them - results in a cleansed conscience and fulfilling relationships” (The Life Recovery Bible comment for 1 John 1:5-7).


Yes please Father. You do indeed know best! Thank You. Praise You. Use me. Amen.

(390 words ~ 9:13 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment