Friday, February 2, 2024

feeling the feelings

 Friday, February 2, 2024 (5:32 a.m.)

Thank You God.


You blessed me with safety yesterday. Begun with a moment of angry outburst. Followed immediately by acceptance. And a safe drive in the pouring rain.


Lord, how plans change.

(5:55 a.m.)


Thank You that they do. And thank You that we have You to walk with us through them.


Thank You for promising to be found by us when we look for You wholeheartedly (Jeremiah 29:13). Thank You that You are great and worthy to be praised (Psalm 145:3).


Looking to and judging myself harshly for my thoughts and attitudes rarely helps. Looking to and for You always does. Thank You Lord.

(7:02 a.m.)

(7:18 a.m.)


A degree of singing [♪Reminiscing♪]. Many smiles. Much hope. More thankfulness. Mm, yes. You supply and provide for our every single need.


I tend to forget that. Especially in the heat of any disappointing or irritating moment. Thank You that even though my first response to plan changes often runs the gamut of annoyance, thanking You in the midst tends to settle my heart. My soul. My mind. And strength.


Yes! Looking to and remembering Your teachings reminds me to stand firm while staying my mind on Your Truth and promises.


Reading in the Psalms (34:18-19, 46:1-3, 62:8) I am reminded that You created our emotions. And we are invited to share them openly and freely with You. Our loving and caring God!


How I thank You that Your Word teaches that You value our feelings (Mark 6:50, John 11:34-36). We are encouraged to feel them without judging ourselves. And move on to ‘thinking about whatever is honorable, just, pure, lovely, admirable, excellent and worthy of praise’ (Philippians 4:8).


You did this for me yesterday. Taking my instant anger and turning it to grateful opportunities. Thank You Lord.


Use me today. Exactly as You know is best. Feeling my feelings. And praising You as they come.


I love, need, trust and want You. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.


(349 words ~ 8:26 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment