Wednesday, October 18, 2023

welcomed and heard

 Wednesday, October 18, 2023 (6:00 a.m.)

Blessed God,


Thank You.

(6:26 a.m.)


Inattentive. That’s the word for me right now. Distracted. Unfocused. Unmotivated. I’m asking (Matthew 7:7) You to lead me way past myself.


(6:58 a.m.)

Thank You God. I ask. You answer. That [snap!] fast.

(7:17 a.m.)

Again, I say thank You God. Thank You. Thank You. Thank You.


You provide us the privilege of being completely honest with You. Sharing our thoughts. Feelings. Limitations. Hopes. Dreams. Wants. Loves. Hates…


Thank You for the desire to speak truthfully with You. Not wanting to blow smoke. I come before You simply. Once more thanking You for this opportunity.


Looking to You and into Your Word, again I find myself smiling. Thank You God.


Turning to Matthew 7:7 to read about asking, I was directed to Luke 11:9. Reading in Illustrated Bible Handbook Chapter 11:1-13. Jesus on Prayer …(see Prayer, NT,…).


On the very next page I’m reminded of “Model NT Prayers. Matt. 6:9-14; John 17; Acts 4:23-31; Ephesians 1:15-22; 3:14-21; Colossians 1:3-14.” This Theology in Brief points out that “In Jesus we are children of God, and God to us is always ‘Father.’”


Again I’m saying thank You, God! Instead of using empty recitations, I am ‘free to come to You in the confidence’ that I am “welcomed and heard (Heb. 4:14-16)...


Blessed, Holy, Father God. You know the prayers of my heart and soul. The concerns. The doubts. The praises.


And here’s a song. Finally! ♪He lives within the praises of His people He loves to hear you call upon His name So set Your mind on Him And let your praise begin And the glory of the Lord will fill this place Praise the Lord…Don’t You know It’s Time to Praise the Lord In the sanctuary of His Holy Spirit…♪


Thank You Father. It took all it took to drop my distraction and funnel in back to You. Your goodness. Your grace. Your glory. And Your greatness (Psalm 145:5-8). How easy it is for me to look elsewhere. Thank You for the sincerest desire to want You more.


Use me this day. The one You have made (Psalm 118:24a). That I will truly rejoice and be glad in it (v. 24b).


I love You Lord. I need, trust and want You. Thank You. Praise You. Truly. Amen.


(415 words ~ 8:10 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment