Wednesday, October 4, 2023

smiling anyway

 Tuesday, October 3, 2023 (6:14 a.m.)

Holy God,


Thank You. You are good. Great. Glorious. Gracious. And I am grateful.


Falling asleep last night while thanking You, I knew I was smiling. Sitting with You now, I know I am again. Smiling anyway.


Huge confession is coming. I haven’t said it out loud to You because I see myself as weak. Not wanting to bother You with trivial matters. 


I skirt. Attempting to ignore. Wanting desperately to avoid the inevitable. Here it is. Father, I don’t feel good. Something is off. I halfheartedly think it’s one thing. Allergies? Or another. Food choices?


Changes in the weather? Emotional issues? Stress? Disappointments? I’ve been attempting to hide them all under the guise of cheerfulness and joy.


Father, I absolutely appreciate the opportunity of rejoicing and being glad. And even here, as I’m finally being straight with You, a feeling of Your power is coming over me. Thank You Lord.


This IS joy! Nothing I’m attempting to manufacture. Or present. This is joy brought on by Christ’s teachings. Thank You Lord.


Thank You for the faith, hope and love that remain when all else is gone (1 Corinthians 13:13). I’m smiling as I read this section in The Passion Translation‘s rendering of Your Word.


“For now we see but a faint reflection of riddles and mysteries as though reflected in a mirror, but one day we will see face-to-face. My understanding is incomplete now, but one day I will understand everything, just as everything about me has been fully understood. Until then, there are three things that remain: faith, hope, and love—yet love surpasses them all. So above all else, let love be the beautiful prize for which you run” (vs. 12-13).


Father, thank You so much for the blessings You provide us. Each and every single day.


Directed to Psalm 147:11 after searching “smiling with Jesus” I am again amazed by Your love and provision.


No comments:

Post a Comment