Sunday, October 15, 2023

doxology

Sunday, October 15, 2023 (7:08 a.m.)

Thank You Father,


Praise You Lord. ♪…from Whom all blessings flow♪

(7:57 a.m.)


This is WAY more than I was expecting to find. Beginning with a simple thanks and praise. Followed by a long rabbit trail leading me first one way. Then another.


Searching “doxology” seemed easy enough. First find. “The word doxology in Greek comes from the word doxa (glory, splendor, grandeur) and logos (word or speaking).”


Reading further. “The dictionary defines the doxology as an ‘expression of praise to God, especially a short hymn sung as part of a Christian worship service.’” This is my childhood memory.


Learning the history of what I grew up singing. Published in 1709 by composer, Thomas Ken. This is where the trail takes a radical turn.


Cute little sidebar just to break up the seriousness of all I’ve been reading. Or is this really the perfect example of yet another sidetrack?


One writer refers to rabbit trailing as a bunny trail. Now I’m singing a completely different song from my youth. ♪Here Comes Peter Cottontail hopping down the bunny trail…♪ The giggles and smile remembering a time of such innocence are heartening, Lord. Thank You Father.


Here I’m brought back to what I’ve been reading. The changing of centuries old wording to become gender neutral. Lord God, I am truly mystified. Dumbfounded.


And when I don’t know what to say? Again I pray. Asking (Matthew 7:7) You to take me gently by the hand. Into Your Word that I will truly praise You as You so rightly deserve.


The Message. Huge smile. Psalm 16:7-11. “The wise counsel GOD gives when I’m awake is confirmed by my sleeping heart. Day and night I’ll stick with GOD; I’ve got a good thing going and I’m not letting go. I’m happy from the inside out, and from the outside in, I’m firmly formed. You canceled my ticket to hell - that’s not my destination! Now You’ve got my feet on the life path, all radiant from the shining of Your face. Ever since You took my hand, I’m on the right way.”


(9:00 a.m.)

Yes! You. God. Praise You. ♪… from Whom all blessings flow!♪


All political correctness aside, Dear God. I know You as my Father. Jesus as Your Son. And the Holy Spirit as the Holy Ghost. Until such time as YOU would have me change my thinking I will continue singing as I originally learned.


Praising ♪Father, Son and Holy Ghost♪


Lord, You are my Master. My Maker. I want to live as You would have me. ‘Carefully determining what pleases You’ (Ephesians 5:10).


“Don’t waste your time on useless work, mere busywork, the barren pursuits of darkness (11) …Don’t live carelessly, unthinkingly. Make sure you understand what the Master wants. Don’t drink too much wine. That cheapens your life. Drink the Spirit of God, huge drafts of Him. Sing hymns instead of drinking songs! Sing songs from your heart to Christ. Sing praises over everything, any excuse for a song to God the Father in the name of our Master, Jesus Christ (Ephesians 5:17-20).


Thank You God for centering me in the truth of Your Word. I love, need, trust and want You.


♪Praise You from Whom all blessings flow Praise You all creatures here below Praise You above ye heavenly hosts Praise Father, Son and Holy Ghost♪


Yes! Praise You. Use me. Amen.

(574 words ~ 9:38 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment