Thursday, October 19, 2023

just different

 Thursday, October 19, 2023 (5:12 a.m.)

Blessed God,


Thank You. You made me different. Than all the rest. Not better. Or worse. Just different. Thank You that You are teaching me to appreciate these differences.


Thank You that I get to turn to You. In every instance. With no attempts to hide anything from You. Or others.

(6:26 a.m.)


Lord God, how truly I thank You for all the differences You have placed in my life. All the uniquenesses. And the wonders. The marvels. As well as the mistakes. And every single error in judgment.


I can’t even begin to name them all. Oh, but I am so aware of the impacts they’ve each had on me. And here again I say, “Thank You Lord.”


Thank You for knowing every single thing there is to know about me. From the time “I was being formed in utter seclusion, as I was woven together in the dark of the womb” (Psalm 139:15). All the way to numbering the very hairs on my head (Matthew 10:31; Luke 12:7).


Trusting You to use my being different than others is freedom in its purest form. Asking (Matthew 7:7) You to keep growing me into the woman (A Wife of Nobel Character Proverbs 31:10-31) You originally created me to be is life in itself!.


Father, I love You. I need, trust and want You as absolute Lord of my life. Continue Your work in, with, by, through and for me Dearest God. That I will accurately represent You.


I want to honor You as the apostle Paul wrote to the believers living in Corinth. Encouraging them to “Be alert, stand firm in the faith, be courageous, be strong. Do everything in love” (1 Corinthians 16:13-14).


Yes Lord. In all my unique, wonderfully complex (Psalm 139:14) just plain different ways of thinking and being continue teaching me to love as You would have me love. You. Others. Myself. With all my heart, soul, mind and strength (Mark 12:30-31).


Father, I ask to be included in Paul’s prayer for the Philippians (1:9-11 Easy-to-Read Version). “This is my prayer for you: that your love will grow more and more; that you will have knowledge and understanding with your love; that you will see the difference between what is important [excellent, vital, superior, really matters, best, highest, essential, of most value] and what is not and choose what is important; that you will be pure and blameless for the coming of Christ; that your life will be full of the many good works that are produced by Jesus Christ to bring glory and praise to God.”


Yes please. What he said! Thank You. Praise You. Amen.

(455 words ~ 7:26 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment