Thursday, October 26, 2023

"a different kind of fruit"

Thursday, October 26, 2023 (5:33 a.m.)

Blessed, Holy Father God,


Thank You that You are on [in, with, by, through, for] Whom we get to put our focus. Your goodness. Your grace. Your glory. And greatness (Psalm 145:5-8).


Thank You for Your love. Joy. Peace. Patience. Kindness. Goodness. Faithfulness. Gentleness. And wisely directed energies (Galatians 5:22-23a).


Oh most dear and glorious God. How I thank You for the ways You direct our thoughts. Words.

(8:03 a.m.)

Dearest Lord, here I am. Thanking You. Again. And again. And again!


Turning to You. Putting our attention on the Truth of Your Word changes everything!


Back to the thoughts and words from above. I followed another rabbit trail. Finding delights at every turn.


Lord God, I don’t even have the words with which to express my heart at this moment. Full. Overflowing. Grateful. AGOG! Excited and eager to tell!


Yes! How long has it been that I have approached You with such awe? And wonder.


Thank You Father. Thank You. Thank You. Thank You.


Looking for YOUR Truth in my thinking. Wanting desperately to mind my thoughts. Words. And actions. I came upon secular sayings concerning the importance of WATCHing ones: words, actions, thoughts, character, habits.


Knowing I wanted Your Word on the subject, I kept digging. How like You to confirm the verses (Galatians 5:22-23a, Philippians 4:8) already floating around within me. While also offering up Proverbs 4:23.


Even here, I find it’s not enough. No! I want more of Your Truth. Your promises. All the way back. Starting at verse one. A Father’s Wise Advice.


Yes. Yes. Yes! Your wise advice. Found in so many different flavors [translations/rewordings].


Mm, Lord. Continue Your work in me I ask (Matthew 7:7). Growing. Nurturing. Pruning. Leading. Guiding. Directing. 


My thoughts. Words. Actions. Choices. And heart. Jumbled around to spell out WATCH. As in “Watch over Your heart with all diligence, For from it flow the springs of life” (Amplified Bible Proverbs 4:23).

(11:08 a.m.)


Take a look at the same verse in The Message. “Keep vigilant watch over your heart; that’s where life starts.” Oh most dear and blessed God, You know Your best for me. Line me up in it.


Going back to that very different kind of fruit (Galatians 5:22 The Voice) with which we began so much earlier. Again various translations paint Your Truth with broader strokes.


That last aspect of fruit. Often referred to as self-control. It’s also worded as temperance. Having control of oneself. Being the boss over our own desires. Strength of Spirit.


Taking the section in its entirety to The Message again I am in awe of You. Thank You Father!


“But what happens when we live God’s way? He brings gifts into our lives, much the same way that fruit appears in an orchard - things like affection for others [love], exuberance about life [joy], serenity [peace]. We develop a willingness to stick with things [patience], a sense of compassion in the heart [kindness], and a conviction that a basic holiness permeates things and people [goodness]. We find ourselves involved in loyal commitments [faithfulness], not needing to force our way in life [gentleness], able to marshal and direct our energies wisely.”


Yes Lord. I very much want to live Your way. Fully enjoying Your very different kind of fruit. Do all You must that I will represent You well. Thank You. Praise You. I love You. Amen.

(580 words ~ 11:51 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment