Wednesday, October 4, 2023

hopefulness

 Wednesday, October 4, 2023 (5:22 a.m.)

Blessed Holy God,


Thank You. Praise You. I feel better. Thank You!


Ennui has been replaced with eagerness. There is again an underlying sense of hopefulness. Mm, yes. Thank You God.


Singing and smiling already, I am truly grateful Father. ♪[For Your love]…Ooo, I’ve tried so hard to take it But alone my heart won’t make it I Just Wanna Stop And tell You what I feel about You Lord I just wanna stop I never wanna live without You, Lord I just gotta stop For Your love♪


Mm, yes! Turning to Your Word. Contemporary English Version. Psalm 61:1-3. “(A psalm by David for the music leader. Use with stringed instruments.) Under the Protection of God Please listen, God, and answer my prayer! I feel hopeless, and I cry out to you from a faraway land. Lead me to the mighty rock high above me. You are a strong tower, where I am safe from my enemies.”


Blessed God! Physical unpleasantness is still coming in waves. But the hopefulness I am experiencing completely outweighs the unease. This is You, Father! Thank You.


While looking at Psalm 61, I am directed to Psalm 18. Here I join in David’s song. “I love You, LORD; You are my strength. The LORD is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find my protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety. I called on the LORD, who is worthy of praise and He saved me from my enemies” (vs. 1-3).


My enemies here could easily be my own thoughts. Thank You Father that You are so much stronger than the the various directions my mind would have me go.


Continuing in Psalm 18 I read, “The ropes of death entangled me; floods of destruction swept over me. The grave wrapped its ropes around me; death laid a trap in my path. But in my distress I cried out to the LORD; yes, I prayed to my God for help. He heard me from His sanctuary; my cry to Him reached His ears.”


Thank You God! Our cries to You do not go unheard. You are so very good. Great. Glorious. Gracious. And we are truly grateful.


Use me this day. The one You have made (Psalm 118:24a). I want very much to rejoice and be glad in it (v. 24b). Representing You well. Hopeful.


Loving as You would have me love. You. With all my heart, soul, mind and strength (Mark 12:30). And my neighbor as myself (v. 31).


Teach me. Empowering and enabling me as You know is best. I love, need, trust and want You. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.

(460 words ~ 6:46 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment