Tuesday, August 22, 2023

unexpected treasures

 Tuesday, August 22, 2023 (7:01 a.m.)

Blessed Lord God,


Thank You for all You provide us. So many unexpected treasures.


That’s not a phrase I was planning to use. Yet here it is. Unexpected treasures. Thank You Lord.


Thank You for reminding me how easily I can become disappointed, even irritated, when I envision certain things in a particular way. Oh! But when I allow You to work and show me the unexpected so often I am completely blown away. Truly agog! Excited and eager to tell.


I have the opportunity to work hard in the yard this morning. I’m asking You to go before, behind, beside, beneath, above and within me as I prepare to set out. It seems like such a small ask. I truly want to experience all You have for me. On Your terms!


Searching Your unexpected treasures. Following that find to 1 Peter 2. Here I am asking (Matthew 7:7) You to use me this day [that You have made (Psalm 118:24a)]. Exactly as You know is best. Rejoicing and being glad (v. 24b).


The Life Recovery Bible introduces this letter as being written by Peter to hurting people. Showing “how to live well in a shattered and hopeless world.” We are told here that You ‘equip us to live at peace in the midst of tough times.’


“We obtain God’s powerful help when we hold fast to Christ and live according to His will.” Yes Father. His will. Not our own.


Continue teaching us the power of Your love which surrounds us “when problems seem overwhelming.” This introduction concludes with yet another completely unexpected treasure.


“The way out of the storm is to take comfort in God’s presence and persevere through it. As we do, God will use the trials to bring about our growth.” We are absolute, living proof of this Truth, Dearest God.


Use us as You know is best. Sharing our experience, strength and hope freely with others. Pointing to the joy Your Truth has to offer.


We love, need, trust and want You Blessed Lord. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.


(355 words ~ 7:41 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment