Thursday, August 3, 2023

being honest

 Wednesday, August 2, 2023 (6:15 a.m.)

Blessed God,


You are good. I am grateful. And right now, that’s all I’ve got.


Father, thank You that we get to be honest with You! Thank You that Your Word is full of examples of people who did exactly that.


While we are called to rejoice in You always (Philippians 4:4) we also have Jeremiah’s broken-hearted book of Lamentations showing us what to do with insurmountable pain.


Dearest God, I confess to wanting to continue looking away from the pain of others. Feeling at a complete loss of helping in any strategic way, I turn to You.


Lord, You ARE good! And I AM grateful. And feeling scared. And sad. And unsure. And a multitude of other concerns and compassions.


Father, You know what You are doing. I say I trust You. And I believe it as I’m saying it. Then I take another good look around and truly want to put my head back down in the sand. I’m here asking (Matthew 7:7) You to be the ♪Good, Good Father♪ the song says You are.


Looking for a Bible verse to match the lyrics, I find Hebrews 13:5. Seeing also Deuteronomy 31:6, 8 I read Your promises to never leave nor forsake. To personally go before.


And I find myself wondering. When? How?


I know You are aware of the challenges. The disruptions. The upheavals. None of which go unnoticed by You.


I’m here asking Your healing hand. Your comfort. Your presence. Your provision, Father.


Continue Your work of shaping us into all You would have us be. Yours! ♪You are perfect in all of Your ways It’s who You are♪ And we are loved by You.


Do all You must to Your good and glorious end Dearest God. Bringing us to You that we ♪will sing of the mercies of the Lord forever♪ (Psalm 89:1-2). Yes! Remind us of Your ♪faithfulness to all generations♪


You are good. I am grateful. And I am asking You to do all You must that we will truly come to loving You with all of our hearts, souls, minds and strength. And our neighbors as ourselves (Mark 12:30-31).


Be in, with, by, through and for each of all the needs of this chaotic world in which we live. We love, need, trust and want You Dearest God. Desperately. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.

(409 words ~ 7:29 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment