Thursday, August 3, 2023

happy just to dance with God

 Thursday, August 3, 2023 (5:15 a.m.)

♪Dance with You♪


Thank You God. That’s the song I woke up singing. By The Beatles. Almost sixty years ago. My head is shaking as I sit here smiling my thanks to You.


♪If somebody tries to take My place Let’s pretend we just can’t see his face In this world there’s nothing I would rather do I discovered I’m in love with You ‘Cause I’m Happy Just to Dance With You


I am You know! Happy [huge smile] just to dance with You.


Blessed God, how I truly thank You. I have the privilege to search and find. Rest and read. Learn and laugh. Sing and smile. All of which I am doing now.


Lord of the Dance They cut me down and I leapt up high; I am the Life that will never, never die; I’ll live in you if you’ll live in Me; I am the Lord of the dance, said He♪


Mm, Father, thank You. Thank You for taking me so many different places this morning just by following the very simple tune with which I awoke.


Rhythm. Dance. Happy. Your Word. Promises. ♪Dance, then, wherever you may be; I am the Lord of the dance, said He♪


Quoting from a found Guideposts internet offering about prayer and dancing with You, again I smile. “In order to dance, you must hear the music. You must feel the beat. Similarly, in dancing with God, you may just have to find your rhythm.”


Here again Dear Lord, I turn to You. Asking (Matthew 7:7) that You will lead that I may follow. I love You. I need, trust and want You as my ultimate dance partner.


You lead. I’ll follow. Hearing the music. Feeling the beat. Finding the rhythm. And remembering to breathe through it all.


Use me today. Exactly as You know is best. Rejoicing and being glad (Psalm 118:24b). Singing and dancing (Psalm 30:11-12, Jeremiah 31:12-13) as I go.


Thank You. Praise You. Amen.

(341 words ~ 6:50 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment