Monday, August 14, 2023

fun and encouraging

 Monday, August 14, 2023 (6:25 a.m.)

Holy God, 


Thank You. ♪…settle down… man from Tennessee…♪ I have NO idea why this particular earworm keeps singing in my head. Thank You for the easy find of the song title and it’s lyrics.


♪Please Come to Boston♪ Thank You for the opportunity to learn more. About the origin of the song. And what it means to get music stuck in one’s head.


Thank You for my being able to find out I am not alone in this phenomenon. Much is written about it. Some of it is fun and encouraging.


Yes! Let’s go with that! Fun and encouraging. The smile encompasses me. Inside and out.


A more professional term is “involuntary musical imagery (INMI).” And right there? A different song immediately begins. INMI? In me!


♪I’ve Got the Music In Me♪ Oh Your goodness Lord! Thank You for the way my brain so easily turns to You in its singing.


Again, by changing just one word I sit up straighter. Excited and eager to tell. Truly agog with You!


♪Ain’t got no trouble in my life, No foolish dream to make me cry. I’m never frightened or worried, I know I’ll always get by. I heat up I cool down When something gets in my way I go round it Don’t let life get me down Gonna take life the way that I found it I got the SPIRIT in me I got the SPIRIT in me…♪


So many more descriptive words about power. And hope. And flying ♪like a bird on the wing♪ Isn’t that what we’re promised in the book of Isaiah (40:31)?


“But those who trust in the LORD will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint.”


Yes! Singing. Smiling. Standing firm on Your Word. Staying my mind on You. Your Spirit. In me! Yes Lord.


Use me this day. Exactly as You know is best. My hands and heart are open to all You want to provide.


I love, need, trust and want You to be the fun and encouraging Father that only You are able to be to me. Thank You Dad. Praise You. Amen.


(378 words ~ 7:19 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment