Wednesday, August 23, 2023

supernatural intervention

 Wednesday, August 23, 2023 (5:45 a.m.)

Lord God,


Thank You. Grudge holding is not Your best for us. Nor is the unforgiving bitter resentment of “drinking poison and waiting for the other person to die.”


I did it again yesterday, Lord. When will I learn? “I’ll show him” NEVER turns out well for us.


Thank You for intervening on our behalf. Mm. Yes. You got me out of my own way. Again! Thank You Father.


You reminded me that two wrongs never make a right. Another’s mistake doesn’t ever give me license to go against Your teachings of forgiveness.


Identifying our failure to communicate as the root of our problem allowed me to find and activate Your antidote. Respect! (1 Peter 3:1a). Appreciation. Admiration. Acceptance. And adaptation.


Thank You Father. Thank You for Your Holy Spirit’s supernatural intervention in my plotting. Breaking the evil one’s hold on my thoughts. Shifting them instead to what YOU would have me do. “Pull in my horns” as my mom used to warn me.


Standing firmly on Your Truth, I turn to the apostle Paul’s letter to young Titus. Encouraging him “to be faithful in applying the grace of God to various circumstances” (The Life Recovery Bible’s THE BOTTOM LINE).


In a title for chapter 3 we are told to “Do What Is Good” Reminding us that we are to “be obedient, always ready to do what is good” (v.1b). Not slandering anyone and must avoid quarreling. Instead, we are to be gentle and show true humility to everyone (v. 2).


Here I am again, asking (Matthew 7:7) Your forgiveness in my rush to judgment. And unseemliness.


Thank You for being the loving, forgiving, gracious, merciful God You are. Thank You for making us in Your image (Genesis 1:26) that we would aspire to love and forgive as Jesus taught (Luke 17:1-10).


Yes Father. Keep working in me. With. By. Through. For. Using me as only You know is best. Humbling me as I go.


I love, need, trust and want You Thank You. Praise You. Amen.


(347 words ~ 7:12 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment