Wednesday, August 30, 2023

Magnet and steel

 Wednesday, August 30, 2023 (5:44 a.m.)

Holy God,


Thank You for Your goodness.

(6:41 am.)


Thank You for the privilege of sitting in Your presence. Searching to find references of You as a Magnet. And us as steel. All because of another song I’ve never before paid any attention to.


♪… (With You I’m not shy) to show the way I feel (With You I might try) my secrets to reveal For You are a Magnet and I am steel♪ Yes Father! You are THE Magnet. And I am definitely drawn to You. Like a moth to a flame.


Thank You for the ways You work in us. By us. With, through and for us. Often without our even being aware. You do this. Because of Your goodness. Your mercy. Your grace.


Blessed God, I thank You for the opportunity to sit and ponder Your existence in our lives. That invisible force that leads. Directs. Guides. And ultimately draws us to You.


Searching Your Word I come to the apostle Paul’s letter to the church at Rome. Here from Contemporary English Version. The second chapter of Romans. Initially drawn to verse four, I continue reading. Beginning with the chapter title.


God’s Judgment is Fair Some of you accuse others of doing wrong. But there is no excuse for what you do. When you judge others, you condemn yourselves, because you are guilty of doing the very same things” (v. 1). Yes Father. I am guilty of this.


We know You are right in all Your ways and still we resist (2). “Do you really think God won’t punish you, when you behave exactly like the people you accuse? You surely don’t think much of God’s wonderful goodness or of His patience and willingness to put up with you. Don’t you know the reason God is good to you is because He wants you to turn to Him?” (vs. 3-4).


Much like my being the steel to Your Magnet of which I’ve been considering. I relate You singing the first lyrics to me ♪Now I told you so you ought to know It takes some time for a feelin’ to grow But you’re so close now I can’t let you go… For I am the Magnet and you are steel♪


Yes Lord! You ARE the Magnet and I am steel. Continue Your blessed work in drawing me toward You that others are drawn as well. You have ♪secrets to reveal♪ over which we have no control.


“But you are stubborn and refuse to turn to God. So you are making things even worse for yourselves on that day when He will show how angry He is and will judge the world with fairness” (v.5).


Father, work in each of us I pray. Doing exactly as You know is best. We love, need, trust and want You as Lord of our lives. Use us to Your good and for Your glory. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.

(497 words ~ 7:18 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment