Tuesday, August 8, 2023

Remembering

 Tuesday, August 8, 2023 (6:05 a.m.)


Midnight. “There are three things that remain - faith, hope, and love - and the greatest of these is love” (1 Corinthians 13:13 The Living Bible).


4:11 a.m. Fruit of the Spirit (Galatians 5:22-23).


5:22 a.m. Tia’s porch in Questa, New Mexico.


Lord God, how I thank You. So many blessings. And reasons to sing Your praises.


You have blessed us. And kept us. Made your face shine upon us. You’ve been gracious to us. Turned Your face toward us. And given us peace (Numbers 6:24-26).


It’s been five years, one week and one day since I sat sobbing in our aunt’s kindness. Truly overwhelming her with my outburst I’m sure. I know the date (July 31, 2018) because I have it written in my Bibles. Right next to the verse I was reading at the time.


Psalm 143:10. “Teach me to do your will, [my penciled in, double underscored, all cap printing adds “BE JOYFUL”] for You are my God. May your gracious Spirit lead me forward on a firm footing.”


Illustrated Bible Handbook describes “Psalm 143. A cry for deliverance and guidance.” Also with the date and location noted.


Father, thank You for the forethought of knowing I would want this particular life changing day remembered. Yes! An absolute realization that I was not the joyful person I wanted to be, going straight to Your example of a woman of pure joy.


“Our” Tia. Not just his. Mine as well. From the get-go. And beyond. Enduring and overcoming tremendous sadnesses to being the most joyful person I have ever met. Thank You Lord that some have shared seeing that joy in me. Your joy. That of which Your Word speaks again and again.


Psalm 118:24. “This is the day that the LORD has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it.”


“Always be full of joy in the Lord. I say it again - rejoice! Let everyone see that you are considerate in all you do. Remember, the Lord is coming soon” (Philippians 4:4-5).


Yes Lord. Continue Your work that I will truly become a woman who “is clothed with strength and dignity, and [she] laughs without fear of the future. When she speaks, her words are wise, and she gives instructions with kindness. She carefully watches everything in her household and suffers nothing from laziness. Her children stand and bless her. Her husband praises her: ‘There are many virtuous and capable women in the world, but you surpass them all!’ Charm is deceptive, and beauty does not last; but a woman who fears the LORD will be greatly praised” (Proverbs 31:25-30).


A very tall order. And You are just the God to fill it!


I love You Lord. I need, trust and want You. Do all You must in using me as You know is best. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.

(498 words ~ 7:32 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment