Wednesday, June 21, 2017

sprinkles of hope

Wednesday, June 21, 2017 (6:57 a.m.)
Holy God,

Thank You! I woke up thinking about the sprinkles You provided me yesterday. Sprinkles of fun in the water. Sprinkles of hope throughout the day.

I am here confessing fear to You right now. Fear of making a mistake. Fear of a costly endeavor. Fear of the meanness of others. Yes Father. Fear. Fear of circumstances outside my control.

And here I sit. Hymnal in one hand and Bible on my lap. Looking to You. Asking You that I would make right choices.

Psalm 121:2 and 3 remind me, “My help comes from the LORD, who made the heavens and the earth! He will not let you stumble and fall; the One who watches over you will not sleep.”

Even as I read these comforting words, songs sing in my mind. One I know and have sung for decades, but can't quite put my finger on. It quotes verses of this Psalm almost word for word. The other [Forever Reign] is from church this past Sunday.

I have tears again. They're holding back though. Just waiting for the right moment to break through. I feel overwhelmed Father. With responsibility. And again... fear.

♫You are good You are good When there's nothing good in me You are love You are love On display for all to see You are light You are light When the darkness closes in You are hope You are hope You have covered all my sin

Yep. Tears. Stinging my eyes. And still not falling. Oh here they come. It took for me to pray, “Father, forgive my fear. Forgive all the 'yeah, buts' that I keep using to counter the Truth we have in You.”

There are promises throughout this entire Psalm. You watch over us. You won't let us fall. You don't slumber or sleep. You protect us. You keep us from all evil.

Do I believe this enough to trust You? In all things? With big decisions?

And here, in this song from Sunday, is my own answer. You are peace You are peace When my fear is crippling You are true You are true Even in my wandering You are joy You are joy You're the reason that I sing You are life You are life In You death has lost its sting

Holy God, how I thank and praise You. As I take another deep breath, settling in to Your Truth and You promises my heart and soul sing loudly I'm running to Your arms I'm running to Your arms The riches of Your love Will always be enough Nothing compares to Your embrace Light of the world forever reign

Mm, yes. Light of the world, empower me in believing that Your love will always be enough and that I can fully trust You in protecting us from the scary “what ifs” in this life. I love You. Preserve us from all evil. Let me continue seeing Your sprinkles of hope. “Lord, I believe, help me unbelief” (Mark 9:24).

I love You. Use me well I pray. Thank You. Amen.
(517 words ~ 8:45 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment