Monday, June 12, 2017

New day, same happy

Friday, June 9, 2017 (10:13 a.m.)
Tahoe Vista, CA
Holy God,

Thank You so much! Thank You for the good-nature of this five-year-old traveling with us. Thank You for the things we stand to learn from watching one feel utter disappointment one moment and be rejoicing with fun the next.

It's confusing to have all these mixed emotions Lord. I speak from my own experience. And how I thank You for allowing me to feel all that I am currently feeling. Peace. Joy. Contentment. Hopefulness.

Mm, yes Father. Thank You for speaking to us in so many differing ways. A cyclone shaped prism in the sky one day. And a perfectly suited Bible verse for this youngster's tendency toward fear on another. Absolute God-sends! Thank You.

“For I am the Lord, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you” Isaiah 41:13. Whether it was a scary part in a movie, stormy weather, the sound of the waves being far too loud in the early morning hours, or even the heartbreak of watching new found friends play with others.

Thank You for the easier translation of this same verse we just found together. International Children's Bible, “I am the Lord your God. I am holding your right hand. And I tell you, 'Don't be afraid. I will help you.'”

Be with us this day as we finish packing up. Prepare our minds and our hearts for a safe journey home. Back into our usual, everyday lives. We love you so very much Holy God. And we thank You for the multitude of blessings You have provided us.

Be with us I pray. Thank You. Amen.
(291 words ~ 11:37 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment