Monday, June 12, 2017

"calm"

Monday, June 5, 2017 (7:08 a.m.)
Tahoe Vista, CA
Blessed, Holy God,

Thank You. A five year old's description of the early morning lake as “calm”. Mm, thank You for the things we get to learn from this astute young man. The differences between frogs and toads. His ability to consider other kids as “friends”. Mm, change my rigidity Father.

I confess a past resentment Lord. A year old slight against this same little guy. One that he has completely forgotten and I struggle to forgive.

My stance? Protect him at all costs. Avoid those who may hurt his feelings again. Change me Father. Allow me the freedom to live in the present just like this five year old.

I work to help him overcome fears. Bears. Cold. Bugs. Scary parts of movies. I turn to You again in helping me overcome the wary bitterness I still hold against the parents of all these youngsters. Teach me to drop the guard I continue holding.

Let my love for You reign supreme over the rigid stance I would much rather take.

Thank You for the Psalty song that started singing to my mind and soul this morning. I want to let Jesus love me. Put His arms around me Fill me with His perfect peace And make me beautiful. I want to let Jesus love me Put His arms around me Lift me high so I can see The beauty of His love

Perfect peace. “Calm”. Hmm... Yes. Father, let this little child continue teaching us. We love You. Make us beautiful. Thank You. Amen.

(257 words ~ 7:45 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment