Monday, June 12, 2017

favorite places

Saturday, June 10, 2017 (9:44 a.m.)
395 Southbound
So God ~

MY plan? Easy peasy ride home. My reality... cranky, grumpy kid with a “then you shouldn't have brought me attitude”.

ARGH! Yes ~ always revere God's holiness. Yes. Help me take the focus off all that is not pleasing and put it back where it so rightly belongs. On YOU!

Yes. And on the Strawberry Moon I saw at 1:20 this morning reflecting off my favorite Lake Tahoe. Yes Father, and on this gorgeous view right now. Your perfect handiwork.

Blue sky. Green trees and hills. Puddle-like patches of snow dotting the mountainsides.

Let the beauty speak to my soul Father. Calm my spirits. I breathe in all the beauty of some of my favorite places in this whole world.
(10:44 a.m.)

And now a blip with the vehicle. Holy God, be with us please. Make us aware. Not afraid.
(11:42 a.m.)

Aware Father. Yes, aware. Not afraid. Breathing deeply. Cautiously hoping for Your grace. Openly asking for Your travel mercies. Safety.
(12:20 p.m.)

Now that we are more southern than northern I can appreciate what my dad told me all those years ago, “There IS beauty in the desert. You just have to look for it.”
(2:41 p.m.)

We're so close to home Lord. Keep us close to YOU. Just a few more miles. Continue Your blessings, I pray.
(2:56 p.m.)

Oh, thank You God!! Thank You. Thank You. Thank You. Thank You. Amen.

(2:57 p.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment