Saturday, June 17, 2017

at work and always in control

Saturday, June 17, 2017 (5:57 a.m.)
Blessed God,

It's hot. Well, not exactly yet. It's supposed to be hot today. Hundred degrees hot. And I'm already tired because of it.

How's that for rejoicing in You always? So, let's start over...

Blessed God,

Good morning. Thank You. We had safe sleep last night. We worked hard yesterday. And we are grateful to You for the blessings You provide.

Holy God, thank You. Thank You for the work You have done in each of us. Thank You for the reminder that we are to rejoice in You always (Philippians 4:4). Yes!

The Life Recovery Bible footnote for 4:4-9 tells us, “True happiness can be found in every situation of life when we recognize that God is at work and always in control.” Oh yes Father.

Because Christ is with us and His return is certain, we can act calmly in pain and difficulty.” Thank You for the reminder Father.

I have a tiny little owie from a cactus that's causing redness, swelling and pain. It's easy for me to put the attention there. Thank You for reminding me instead that “peace and joy come when we focus on those things that provide lasting value to our life.”

You provide lasting value! You are to Whom we are to commit ourselves. Rejoicing always! Yes Father. Keep teaching us to rejoice in You always and again I say, “Rejoice!”

It is supposed to be unbearably hot today. And we are sure to be affected by it. Thank You that weather is temporary. You, however, are eternal. Unchanging. Perfect. I look to You... “at work and always in control.”

Yes, please, Father. Bless us. Keep us. That we would in turn bless others. Yes, please, God. Use us as You wish. To Your goodness and Your glory. I love You. I thank You. I praise You. I rejoice in You. Thank You. Amen.

(320 words ~ 6:37 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment