Thursday, June 22, 2017

having faith

Thursday, June 22, 2017 (6:39 a.m.)
Holy God,

Thank You. Thank You. Thank You.

I cried yesterday. Fear based tears. Not wanting to be the grown up. I confess to You, as I did to those around me, fear does not look good on me. I sulk. Withdraw. Cower. Quake.

You call us not to be afraid. Repeatedly. We are to trust. Have faith. Pray. I forgot Father. I got so enmeshed with the details that I forgot Who is ultimately in charge. YOU!

Yes Father. Thank You for once again reminding me of the importance of choosing faith over fear. There are still plenty of things for me to wonder about. Wonder. NOT worry!

Am I making right decisions? What are the things that could possibly go wrong? Confess my fear to You. Trust You. Have faith in You. And pray.

These things I will be doing this weekend. I am feeling completely out of my comfort zone. Father, I confess to getting so entangled in all of the “what about...”s that I completely forgot to call upon Your Holy Name in all of it.

Thank You for reminding me. Thank You for the “promise of entering [Your] place of rest” described in Hebrews (4:1-11). Don't let me be like the people You spoke of to David in Psalm 95:8-11. Hardhearted. Trying Your patience.

Oh yes Father. Continue speaking that I would truly hear Your Words and 'pursue with faith and perseverance Your offer of rest' (The Life Recovery Bible footnote Hebrews 4:4-11). Yes Father, I truly look to You for “the ability to cope with life”.

I Love You Holy Dad. Guide and direct my every prayer, word, thought and action this day. I love You. And I long to please and serve You. Make it so I pray. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(303 words ~ 7:54 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment