Monday, June 19, 2017

a very special day

Monday, June 19, 2017 (6:15 a.m.)
Holy God,

Thank You.
(6:55 a.m.)
You are so very good to us. And I am grateful.

Yes Father God. Thank You. You provided us such an easy day yesterday. A day to celebrate fathers. A day to play and to remember. A very special day to share our love for one another.

Thank You God. Thank You that even as I consider all the playfulness that took place tears fill my eyes. Yes. Thank You for those times when Your love so fully surrounds and infuses us.

Reading in Your Word this morning, Father I alternate between wild excitement and distrust of my own understanding. Searching the words “a special day”, I began reading Romans 14:5.

This section of Your Scripture speaks of The Danger of Criticism. Oh hello. Speak to me of the importance of having a Nonjudgmental Attitude.

This is where I get excited. I recall thinking yesterday that I want my life to be remembered as one well loved. Reading up to verse 13:8, under Love Fulfills God's Requirements, again I thank You for speaking directly to my heart.

Pay all your debts, except the debt of love for others. You can never finish paying that! If you love your neighbor, you will fulfill the requirements of God's law” (Romans 13:8). And it goes on from there explaining that all of Your commandments are summed up in this one (v. 9).

Verse 10, “Love does no wrong to anyone, so love satisfies all of God's requirements.” Now if I could just remember that!

The Life Recovery Bible footnote for 13:8-10 teaches, “Love is not an emotion we feel, it is an attitude and outpouring of unselfish concern for others.” I ask You here and now to continue Your training in me that I would live every single day as that very special day we had yesterday. Guided by and filled with Your love.

I have a long way to grow. And You are far more than able to do all that is necessary in empowering and enabling me in living a life well-loved. This I ask in Your Son's most holy name! I love You. I thank You. Amen.

(371 words ~ 7:56 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment