Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Ecclesiastes 3:11

Wednesday Tuesday, June 20, 2017 (6:23 a.m.)
Oh Holy God,

Thank You. It was a rough night. Seemed like an eternity. Made me think of... eternity.
(6:55 a.m.)
Mm, yes. Father, thank You!

Ecclesiastes 3:11. I absolutely do not claim to understand the meaning of this verse. Yet it rang out to me this morning. “... He has planted eternity in the human heart...”

Amplified Bible translates it this way, “God Set Eternity in the Heart of Man He has made everything beautiful and appropriate in its time. He has also planted eternity [a sense of divine purpose] in the human heart [a mysterious longing which nothing under the sun can satisfy, except God] – yet man cannot find out (comprehend, grasp) what God has done (His overall plan) from the beginning to the end.”

Yep. That's pretty much the way I felt last night. In the dark. Not understanding. And choosing to trust that You are behind it all.

Illustrated Bible Handbook states, “Life's cycles do not reveal meaning: 3:1-15. Life is organized in a pattern of repeated cycles. Yet observation of the cycles does not lead to an understanding of beginnings or endings. Only a grasp of origins or destiny might reveal life meaning.”

I tend to replay incidents, trying to figure out how things could be made different. Continue Your work in teaching me to “Be still, and know that I am God” (Psalm 46:10). To truly trust You in all things.

Today is supposed to be hot again. REALLY, really hot. I am asking You to use me to Your good and to Your glory. I love You. I long to serve You. And I thank You. Amen.
(282 words ~ 8:11 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment