Monday, June 12, 2017

being aware again

Tuesday, June 6, 2017 (8:47 a.m.)
Tahoe Vista, CA
Holy God,

Sad. Right now I am feeling sad. Is it too early to be experiencing “end of trip” sadness? Shall I go ahead and give in to it? Try to fight it? Or just be aware?

Let's go with being aware again and see where that takes us. Yes. Thank You Father. Just that one thought reminded me of the prism I saw in the sky yesterday.

A lake as smooth as glass lent itself to a full day of paddle boarding. Standing up in the morning. Sitting down in the late afternoon.

Going straight out toward the mountain range across the lake, rather than following the shoreline as I had much earlier. I was focused on what looks as though it could be a ski run. One glance up in the sky and I was stopped by the beauty of what appeared to be a cyclone shaped rainbow.

“Oh, God!” flew out of my mouth in a completely unexpected form of praise to You. “Oh, God!” for its beauty. “Oh, God!” because it was right there for I don't know how long and I could have easily missed it.

“Oh, God!” thank You for changing my focus. “Oh, God!” thank You for teaching me to be aware. Thank You that even though the tears are forming freely and readily rolling down my cheeks, I do not have to be afraid of feeling weak or out of control. I need to be aware again of Your presence.

Your provision. Your perfection. Your plan. Yes Lord. I want to practice being aware again of Your hand in all of our days.

I confess to fearing pain. Embarrassment. Sadness. Let me look to You instead. Ready. Willing. Able to be aware of the blessings You so freely provide.

Yes please Father. Even through my many tears and feelings of recurring sadness, I am asking (Matthew 7:7) You to continue making me aware of Your blessings to us.

Yes, Father. Let me serve You to Your liking. Thank You. I love You. Amen.

(357 words ~ 9:39 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment